Concept4Banner1024 The Plural of Apocalypse: A 4 Letter Word, Starting With S

 Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A 4 Letter Word, Starting With S

S-N-O-W
S-H-I-T
S-U-C-K

I think that about sums it up. It is the first snow, and it sucks. We are under a Winter Weather Advisory, which is code for, 'put away your summer clothes, cos it's all over now bitches.' Okay, they don't mean bitches, that was artistic license. We are supposed to get 2-5 inches of that fluffy white goodness (no Amanda, not that fluffy white stuff). I really wouldn't care except I need new front tires (at bare minimum I need my tires rotated) and new brakes, which will make not dying in a firey snow related car wreck all that more easy. I do like watching it snow, and I think it's pretty I just hate living in it.

S-I-C-K

That's another 4 letter word that describes me right now. I have Strep (which is 5 letters, cos I can count) and possibly a Sinus (again 5) infection. I stayed home from work today, which is something I NEVER do. But I figured it was my one year employment anniversary and if there was ever a day to be sick, it was today. I would say that it was cos I don't want to get my coworkers sick, but I actually don't care if I make others sick. The dude at Urgent Care thinks I'm a crazy hypochondriac because I demanded a strep test and explained my anti-biotic resistance to him. He just looked at me like 'yeah whatever you are crazy' which is why I HATE male physicians. They all act like women are just complainers about their health (and a lot of female docs are like this too). I'm waiting for them to call me hysterical and recommend a good vibrating chair for my cure.

Finally, it's official. I am cosmically screwed. Serve or Suffer is my new mantra thanks to Elsa over at Elsa Elsa. I am 'Aries in a Vice,' and sadly I believe her to be somewhat correct. I don't believe in god but I trust the stars (I'm crazy like that). According to her, I'm a soldier (stop singing the Donny Osmond "Soldier of Love" song, cos she didn't mean it like that), and I need to transcend the gunfire (which I think is oddly true). I am good at helping others, but suck at helping myself, so maybe this is what I am supposed to do. Now I know I should have gotten that degree in psychology (I am a therapist to everyone I know as it is)! But she does think I need to keep writing, so maybe I'll get around to that great American Novel one of these days (although it'll probably be the great american science fiction or horror or fantasy novel), and I have been published (although it was poetry.com who will publish anyone who writes anything Poem) , so maybe she's onto something there.

I promise to stop being overly parenthetical in the future (probably).

Also a plane crashed in the neighborhood I spent most of my summer in: Plane Crash in Riverwest This even made the Fox news and CNN!!

Until later my sweets... (sorry NYQUIL kicking in)

Votes Of Sympathy:2

Comments Blogger mrcoolbadguy said...

I'm on that bandwagon too, what would my life be if it wasn't constantly falling to pieces, I have so much bad luck I don't think a day goes by I don't wonder what the fuck is going on in my life, do I even have one? If I do I definately couldn't define it cause it's so randomly careening out of control. One foot in front of the other.

8:02 PM  
Comments Blogger Eric said...

Definitely keep writing, you are good at it!

And if you can get your insurance company to pay for the vibrating chair, I say "Hello Hysteria!"

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home