Concept4Banner1024 The Plural of Apocalypse: TGIF!! (not)

 Friday, November 04, 2005

TGIF!! (not)


So, it's Friday. Yippee fuckin' yay. This is my end of week wrap up.

Things I learned this week:
#1 I am not allowed to use the term 'shout-out,' I am just way too white or something
#2 Whore-o-Ween may lead to emergency room visits, and nebulizers
#3 Someone besides Amanda and Khrysten actually reads this thing (I'd like to give a sh.. never mind, hi Justin!)

Karma's Bitch of the Week: Khrysten (and consequently Dave) for bein' sicker than a dog and cos her husband may be joining the land of unemployed people January 1st. Congrats girl, I heard there is a summer sausage on your way (in an invisible car, with your complimentary bitches).

Personal Anthem of the Week: Fiona Apple's Shadowboxer
Moments That Made Me Feel Shiny:
#1 Surprising my Aunt for her birthday, her declaring I was the best thing about our family (or something like that, she was kinda drunk)
#2 Michael calling me from his corner bar in New York to declare that the new Depeche Mode album is the bestest, and for missing me. It feels good to be missed darling, and to be called a bad DM fan and a bad friend, I swear I'm working on both.

Harrowing Experience of the Week: Wausau's DMV. I was #80, they were on #33 and there were only 2 windows open. I took my chances and just dropped the registration in the box cos this was just terrifying. When a woman with 6 children stumbles in, and you know you have a minimum of a 2 hours wait, you know it is time to get the fuck out (cos none of those kids were on leashes or otherwise restrained).

Best Movie I Saw All Week: The Anarchist's Cookbook, starring Brain Krakow from My So Called Life (better known as Devon Gummersall), absolutely brilliant. Funny but bittersweet, a good movie to think about afterwards, I give it 4 blackeyes out of 5.

Best TV I Saw All Week: How I Met Your Mother, I just want an hour of Alyson Hannigan and Neil Patrick Harris riffing off of each other. Too funny. Too bad Arrested Development comes back this week so I won't be finding out how anyone met someone's mother for a while. An honorary mention goes to My Name is Earl cos that show is just too smart for it's own good.

Best New (well it's new to me) Place to Get Crap: Archie McPhee

Overall this week has been far more traumatic for those around me than for me. Which was kind of nice for a change. This has been my first drama-free week in a good while. I have a feeling the longer I troll away up here in Wausau the less drama I will have. Which is kinda good, cos I don't really think I can handle any more right now.

BTW: I am discontinuing the news. IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO DO THAT: leave me a comment (see there's this little thing below this post in blue that says 'comment' just click on it and let me have it).

I may feel inspired to post more a little later, but I think I caught the creeping ick that Khyrsten has cos I'm kinda out of fun right now.

Votes Of Sympathy:4

Comments Blogger IvoryValentine said...

Don't stop the news! What the hell am I gonna do with my time then? How will I ever find out if the French teens are still rioting or if Bush's head really is as empty as his pockets? Bring back the news Kevin Nealon. Bring it back!

1:38 PM  
Comments Blogger Black Eyed Gurl said...

IV baby, I love it when you call me Kevin Nealon. I think we need to buy the Mal aka Kevin Nealon action figure and make him a tiny suit so I can put him up whenever I do the news.

BJ: Earl is hysterical, but I'm gonna have to wait for the DVDs (and I think they will be worth the purchase) too cos it's on during supernatural and I need to fill my yummy man staring for the week then.

1:42 PM  
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your stuff too.

1:50 PM  
Comments Anonymous Nicole said...

This was a lovelyy blog post

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home